Measurement Data Wireless Communication System U-WAVE By Mitutoyo
The U-WAVE system enables easy wireless data communication from a measuring tool to a PC using the Digimatic protocol. Measurement workability is improved by eliminating the long and cumbersome data cables usually required and the user-friendly interface allows data to be loaded into any software product that accepts keyboard input, such as Excel* or Notepad.
U-WAVE consists of 2 instruments. There are U-WAVE R and U-WAVE T
- U-WAVE-R loads data received from U-WAVE-T on to a PC software package via a USB port
- U-WAVE-T units transmit data from measuring tools to U-WAVE-R
U-WAVE Outstanding Functions:
- Easy loading in Excel format - The U-WAVEPAK, U-WAVE-R standard package features a keyboard interface function. This allows measurement data to be easily loaded to a PC in Excel, Notepad or other format that accepts numeric value input via a keyboard. In addition, a virtual COM driver allows measurement data to be input to a program that supports RS-232C serial communication. However, note that the communication speed (baud rate) is fixed to 57,600 bps.
- Approximately 400,000 Data Transmissions - One commercially available CR2032 lithium battery can be used for about 400,000 data transmissions. Assuming that the device is used twenty days a month, sending data 2,000 times a day, one battery would last for about ten months.
- Dustproof and water resistant IP67 model - IP67-type U-WAVE-T (No.02AZD730D) has an IP67-level dust/water-proof function. This model can be used in combination with, for example, a coolant-proof caliper, micrometer or indicator.
- Reception is reported by LEDs (and a beep sound). - The U-WAVE-T main unit has two LEDs and a buzzer* that can be used to check if sent data was successfully received.
- Up to 100 measuring tools can be connected to one U-WAVE-R unit - Up to 100 U-WAVE-T units can be registered with one U-WAVE-R unit, and up to 16 U-WAVE-R units can be connected via a commercially available USB hub.
- Data communication range up to 20 m possible - The maximum reliable communication range is approximately 20 m*. Even when multiple U-WAVE-R units are used within the range of 20 m, interference does not occur since an ID (00 to 99) is assigned to each unit. Radio interference between U-WAVE-R units can also be avoided by setting different frequencies (selected from 15 bands).
- Substantial cost reduction compared with conventional Mu-WAVE models!! - With a variety of function improvements, this product is now available at a lower price due to substantial cost reductions.
- Cordless operation improves workability in measurement data recording - Measurement on surface plate. With a cordless device, the surface plate and PC desk no longer need to be adjacent, enabling freer layout in the inspection room.
- Measurement of large work pieces – With U-Wave operators can perform measurement freely walking around the work piece. There are no cable constraints.
- Measurement using long measuring tools – Long measuring tools are hard to handle, but U-Wave eliminates cable constraints and improves workability.
If you interest in U-WAVE, please contact JSR GROUP sale officer.